Mental Disorder, Wha?!

Mood Disorder

A psychological disorder characterized by the elevation or lowering of a person's mood, such as depression or bipolar disorder.

                   If you have a mood disorder, your general emotional state or mood is distorted or                  inconsistent with your circumstances. Some examples of mood disorders include:

                                  Cyclothymic disorder           Bipolar disorder                                                         Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)                         Premenstrual dysphoric disorder                                                                        Persistent depressive disorder (dysthymia)Disruptive mood dysregulation disorder                                         Depression related to medical illness

Jon and I first thought it was PMDD.  Hell, it still might be since it's on the list of mood disorders.  I started therapy at Lindner Center for Hope around October 2016.  Mary Jo (meds doc) weened me off of Paxil very slowly with the combination of Prozac to help with the withdraw symptoms.  I was completely "clean" from Paxil by January 2017.  I believe I was ok for a couple months (I may be wrong, I tend to lose sense of time when depressed) then April (maybe sooner) hit.  BOTTOM.  All the depression symptoms boiled into my body.  My upper stress arm issue came into play this time.  Awesome.  My whole body was in pain.  I lived on ibeuprophen for a few days and pushed through Lyla's birthday party, Woot!!  If there's a will, there's a way.  :)  I've been seeing Sherry Knapp (talk/psychotherapist) for about a month.  She's great.  I may have found my therapy soulmate.  :)  Mary Jo is wicked smart and tedious with the meds. Sherry come up with an action plan to pull me out and keep me out of the dumps (what exactly "the dumps" means, we dunno yet).

Moody Jesse Action Plan


  1. Take meds (Latuda) every night at 8:30 with at least 350 calories
  2. Try to stick with a good sleeping pattern 
  3. Eat regularly and healthy
  4. Take Ralf on daily walk or 30 minute aerobic
  5. CAREFUL with the alcohol
  6. No other substances (canibis?  Not ready for that one)
Sherry says she isn't quite ready to diagnose me with anything other than a mood disorder at the present








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Up and down up and down up and down up and down up and down......

Today is the day

U.R.G.E.S.